MORE THAN 10 YEARS OF CARE, PROTECTION AND CONSERVATION FOR LAOS ELEPHANTS
Established 2008, Manifa Elephant Camp is a safe retirement home for elephant to live. Located in Ban Xang Hai village., approximately 20 km from Luang Prabang city, covering 110 hectares of jungle beside the Mekong river.
We protect the endangered elephants of Laos and help the people of Laos by providing opportunities through education, training, employment.
MANIFA ELEPHANT FAMILY
We protect the endangered elephants of Laos and help the people of laos by providing opportunities through education, training & employment.
Exploring Answers to the Elephant Camp Topic. Support for Destination Management. Companies and Tour Operators. This elephant FAQ is worth reading by all travel professionals in Laos as well as all elephant lovers who are interested in the sustainable relationship between elephant and human.
MANIFA ELEPHANT CAMP PROGRAMS
MEANINGFUL ELEPHANT INTERACTIONS PROGRAM (1H+)
- 1 HOUR+ ELEPHANT EXPERIENCE
- CRUELTY FREE RIDING (OPTIONAL BARE-NECK OR CORRECTLY WEIGHTED HOWDAH)
- WE PROVIDE AN ABUNDANCE OF BANANAS AND SUGAR CANE STICKS (OUR ELEPHANTS FAVORITE SNACK FOOD) FOR YOU TO FEED HELP US FEED OUR 17 ELEPHANTS
- SLASH AROUND IN THE WATER AND HELP IN BATHING ALL OUR ELEPHANTS
MAHOUT INTRODUCTION PROGRAM (HALF DAY)
- GET USED TO BEING CLOSE TO AND COMFORTABLE WITH (ONE OF OUR) ELEPHANTS
- SHARE IN THE EXPERIENCE OF CRUELTY FREE RIDING (OPTIONAL BARENECK OR HOWDAH)
- FEED OUR ELEPHANTS THEIR FAVORITE SNACKS
- SPLASH AROUND IN THE WATER DURING BATHING TIME
MAHOUT BASIC PROGRAM (1 DAY)
- LEARN HOW TO SAFELY CARE AND RIDE ELEPHANT (MOUNT & DISMOUNT PROCEDURES)
- BE WITH ELEPHANT IN THE WATER AND HELP IN BATHING TIME
- LEARN FROM MAHOUTS THE BASIC COMMUNICATION COMMANDS TO HELP YOU LEARN HOW TO SAFELY CONTROL THE ELEPHANT BY YOURSELF
- TAKE ELEPHANTS BACK TO THEIR HOME INTO THE FOREST ON OUR PROPERTY
MAHOUT EXPERIENCES PROGRAM (OVERNIGHT STAY)
- LEARN ABOUT ELEPHANT BEHAVIORS AND THEIR HABITAT (HOME)
- CONTINUE NURTURING YOUR RELATIONSHIP AND BONDING TIME WITH ELEPHANT
- LEARN HOW TO CARE AND HANDLE ELEPHANTS WITH THE METHOD OF VERBAL CUES (VOICE COMMAND SYSTEM)
- LEARN HOW TO BETTER HANDLE ELEPHANTS THROUGH BODY LANGUAGE AWARENESS AND COMMUNICATION TECHNIQUES
- LEARN HOW TO CORRECTLY RIDE LIKE A MAHOUT ON THE NECK OF THE ELEPHANT
- GUIDE YOUR ELEPHANT SAFELY AND COMFORTABLY THROUGH THE JUNGLE ON THE PROPERTY
- BE RESPONSIBLE FOR HELPING BRING ELEPHANTS TO CAMP IN THE MORNING (WAKE UP CALL AND WALK RIDE TO WORK
- PRACTICE THE SKILLS LEARNED IN TRAINING PROGRAM